2023-08-01

RPGADay 2023 Day 1

Lifted from this post on Substack:- RPGADay 2023, Day 1 - by Alex Greene - Alex’s Substack

Welcome to RPGADay 2023, the annual celebration of tabletop roleplaying games.

This has been going on for decades, now - but this is the first year I’ll be attempting the challenge myself.

First RPG I played this year … It was a freeform, narrative game, not using any specific rule set. I was using this systemless game to simulate an adventure of The Chronicles of Shirae; the results were going up on my blog, The Spiral Room.

Halfway through the story, events took on a life of their own. Master Axan, the sorcerer protagonist, and Princess Rathi, end up having to live with one another for a month as a married couple, without rank or privilege.

Needless to say, this was not a situation which I could resolve with swordplay and hit point counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak, Citizen of The Universe.