2014-08-13

When I Met Emma Frost - A Tumblr Challenge, Part 1

The following was a tumblr challenge. Write a favourite friend into a story with one of your favourite characters. This was my friend's post. My post is tomorrow at this time.

When Alex Met Emma Frost


Emma’s icy gaze met Alex’s over the top of her tea cup, then she glanced down at the chessboard.

“If you make that move, I’ll checkmate and win the third match in a row,” she told him.

“And you just changed the subject, Ms. Frost,” the sandy-haired Welshman retorted, his eyes traveling up her long, jean-clad leg to the wedge of bare midriff.

Emma smirked. “I thought it was a moot point, Mr. Greene. Regardless of what that imbecile Bendis has done, my heart belongs to one man. I’m biding my time.”

Alex considered his moves and backed away from the one, coming at the game from another angle. He nudged his rook up the board and conquered one of the bishops. “So then, what you’re saying is that you wouldn’t even consider the teeniest tumble while you’re still a free agent?”

“Darling,” she began as she leaned forward and settled her cup back on the table, her elbows on her knees, giving the man across from her a distracting view as she considered which of the moves she wanted to make. “I’m never *free*, and for all of your intellect, wit, and adorable smiles, you still couldn’t afford me.”

Emma Frost bared her predator’s smile and moved her Queen to take Alex’s last remaining knight. “And that’s checkmate, handsome,” she announced then rose to her feet. She leaned over and kissed Alex’s cheek, leaving a smudge of spring rose on his skin. She collected their cups and sauntered toward the service on the other table.

“More tea and another match?”

(T.L. Henry, 19 March 2013)
— sheisstrangerthanfiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak, Citizen of The Universe.